The Investor Relations and Portfolio Manager is primarily responsible for the investee startups' fund-raising requirements.
- Identify and engage with potential investors, and build a database of investment firms, high-net worth individuals and other fund sources across the globe.
- Help develop, set and/or assess companies’ valuation, capitalization structure, organizational setup – whether at holding company, venture builder, investee company level, or a company that is being considered for investment.
- Create, develop and/or assess deal structures.
- Create investor pitch decks whether at holding company, venture builder, investee company level.
- Raise funds at holding company level, venture builder level and/or investee company level.
- Work closely with investee companies to analyze and evaluate their performance, recommend how to improve their performance, forecast, position their business to potential partners and investors, design their term sheets, etc.
- Conduct due diligence.
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements relating to fund-raising and investment agreements are satisfied.
- Ensure that the holding company and venture builder comply with the terms and conditions of investment agreements, subscription agreements and shareholders’ agreements, and other promised deliverables.
- Guide and ensure that investee companies comply with the terms and conditions of investment agreements, subscription agreements and shareholders’ agreements, and other promised deliverables.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to entrepreneurs in residence, co-founders and management within the company’s network of companies.
- Provide regular reports of all portfolio investments to management, shareholders and investors.
- Source out deal flows.
- Graduate of a business-related course; an MBA degree would be an advantage
- At least 8 years work experience in venture capital, fund-raising, investor relations, investment banking, private banking or related fields.
- Proven track record in raising funds.
- Well-connected to VCs, angel investors and high net worth individuals.
- Excellent skills in business strategy, financial analysis, relationship-building, public speaking and closing deals.
- Excellent leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Experience and/or exposure on blockchain and ICOs, an advantage
Interested? Please send your application to email@example.com.
Do you excel in solving problems, analyzing data and getting things done? Check out our openings below and send us your application.